“The pressure for efficiency is increasing – especially due to digital transformation and global competition,” emphasizes Ana Carolina Mayr Adam, Product Management Metrology Application Software at ZEISS Industrial Quality Solutions. “Companies can increase their productivity above all through automation – ZEISS CALYPSO makes a significant contribution to this.”
All new functions and further developments ensure a significant increase in measuring and testing performance, such as the following three innovations:
On the ZEISS O-INSPECT multi-sensor measuring machine, the camera function “SnapPos” in combination with the new method for pattern generation from CAD data ensures time savings of up to 80% in terms of both programming and measuring time. For a workpiece with around 1,000 measuring elements, such as a printed circuit board, this means that 12 hours of programming are reduced to 2 hours and the measurement itself takes 5 minutes instead of 30.
For several years now users have been able to create measurement plans in ZEISS CALYPSO using Product and Manufacturing Information (PMI) stored in the CAD model. The software is able to interpret the PMI and automatically generate characteristics and measuring elements. Furthermore, the principle of ZEISS Cookbooks was integrated into ZEISS CALYPSO using the Variable Strategy Editor. This enables measurement strategies to be defined centrally and then rolled out to various facilities, ensuring the comparability of measurement results and at the same time boosting overall efficiency.
The search function within the software has been both expanded and simplified – for less programming overhead. Input fields in several places on the ZEISS CALYPSO interface provide measuring technicians with uncomplicated access to the search function and allow them to find reference systems, test characteristics or measuring elements by name, for example, and use them easily when creating test plans.
The software developers have also made improvements in CAD programming: measuring elements such as circles or contours can be extracted even more quickly than before directly from the CAD model with just a few clicks.
“Measuring technicians should and want to use their valuable working time for strategically important tasks – and ZEISS CALYPSO helps them do so,” says Product Manager Mayr Adam. Thanks to its continuous development, the software is “state of the art and ensures great performance.”
With the upcoming ZEISS CALYPSO 2021 software release, ZEISS is once again ensuring, with more than 60 new functions, a significant increase in performance in quality control for further time and cost savings in the inspection and analysis of components. We are pleased to give you a sneak preview and present the highlights of the ZEISS CALYPSO 2021 innovations:
- New option ZEISS CALYPSO dynamic planning: for dynamic adjustment of the inspection scope. Dynamization rules from MES and statistics software serve as a basis and ensure significant cost savings with targeted quality monitoring.
- PMI optimizations: Programming from PMI with STEP AP 242 becomes possible – available free of charge with the CAD interface from CALYPSO 2021.
- Increased performance in the calculation of freeform and point sets: Improved mathematical algorithm delivers results up to 20 times faster.
- Performance enhancement for optical measurements with ZEISS O-INSPECT: Path automation and optimization of pattern and algorithms as well as many other innovations enable measurement time optimization of up to 270%.
- Simplified programming: through group with group comments and text element in the report with dynamic number of lines.
- Enhanced change management for inspection plans: Inspection plans become even easier to compare and a digital signature prevents unauthorized changes in the inspection plan.
- Acceleration of report generation with ZEISS PiWeb: More than 50 new reporting functions are being developed for this, including: faster form plots, faster report displays or faster PDF creation.
ZEISS customers can rejoice! The new ZEISS metrology software version with above-mentioned and many other software innovations will be available from mid-May 2021. From then on, the update to ZEISS CALYPSO 2021 will be easily available via the ZEISS Metrology Portal for customers with a Software Maintenance Agreement.