Enjoy perfect vision when carrying out near viewing tasks or when looking into the distance. ZEISS single vision lenses are the best solution for short-sighted and long-sighted wearers. These lenses are fitted to the particular wearer and are optimised for good vision even in the periphery of the lens. Moreover, they're thin and aesthetically appealing for the wearer.
Perfect for your first pair of glasses, glasses for children or standard everyday glasses: ZEISS single vision lenses are used for both distance vision and reading – the two most common reasons people wear glasses. What's the difference? With reading glasses, the single vision lenses are optimised for vision in the near zone and personally fitted to the long-sighted reader's standard reading distance. These lenses are great not only for books, but also for reading smaller font sizes on a smartphone or tablet. Long-sighted wearers usually have blurry vision in the near zone and sometimes when looking into the distance.
Long-sightedness results from an image being focused behind the retina, resulting in a blurry image. With short-sightedness, however, objects in the distance appear blurry because the short-sighted eye focuses images in front of the retina rather than on it. An optimally fitted pair of distance lenses can help you see clearly when looking at objects which are far away.
ZEISS single vision lenses can be fitted by an optician to perfectly accommodate the wearer's vision needs and reading habits.
Uncompromisingly precise – no matter if they're reading or distance lenses, guaranteeing excellent wearer tolerance and a quick adaptation period.
Available in 4 different performance design levels, the design of your ZEISS single vision lenses can be optimized for your eyes and adjusted in your chosen frame to fit the shape of your face. This ensures extraordinary visual quality because bothersome blurring or distortions in the peripheral zone are prevented.
No matter if they're made of plastic or glass: cutting-edge production methods enable the manufacture of incredibly thin, light lenses, even with a high prescription and special visual impairments. You'll barely notice you're wearing these lightweight champions at all.
UV is always around. Even on cloudy days. UV radiation represents a health risk for your eyes but as also to the eye surroundings. Do you always protect your eyes when you are outdoors? Now all clear lenses from ZEISS come with full UV protection!
The special properties of the lens filter out harmful UV rays and provide your eyes with lasting protection.
With a high prescription or special visual impairment, ZEISS single vision lenses can be produced which are aesthetically appealing and exceptionally flat. Visible curvatures in the lens – the cause of the typical magnifying or 'fisheye effect' – are avoided completely or at least reduced to a minimum. This way the wearer's eyes retain a natural look, appearing neither enlarged or shrunk.
When manufacturing ZEISS single vision lenses, the wearer's eyes are measured using leading-edge computer technology. The result: a perfect image – as unique as a fingerprint – which accommodates visual impairments which might not be identified with a basic vision test. This abundance of information makes it possible to produce a lens design precisely tailored to the individual wearer: for better vision at night and in poor light, increased contrast vision and more intensive colour perception.
Every pair of glasses can be transformed into a pair of sunglasses of your choice, featuring perfect UV protection and providing you with optimum vision in one lens. And these lenses come with everything you'd expect: improved contrast perception, less glare and an anti-reflective coating. It's nice not to compromise.
A pair of glasses for every situation: these self-tinting lenses also work as sunglasses. They darken in seconds and clear up in just a few minutes. And of course they feature 100% UV protection.
No matter if it's a smartphone, an LED lamp, a monitor, TV, tablet or an e-reader: modern light sources emit more blue light than we've ever experienced before. Many people find this light unpleasant and stressful because it adversely impacts our biorhythms and may even be dangerous for our eyes. A blue light filter in the spectacle lens can provide you with more comfortable vision.
High-performance lens coatings make your glasses extremely durable against scratches or adhesive dirt. The benefit: your lenses remain dirt-free for longer, making them significantly easier to clean. See better, look better – thanks in part to the latest anti-reflective coating.
1. Good vision fundamentally affects how we see the world around us. The earlier your optician checks and corrects your vision, the better. What are the benefits? You'll avoid a sudden significant increase in your prescription, it will be easier for you to adjust to your glasses and you'll enjoy a significantly better quality of life.
2. It is imperative that your optician discusses lenses and frames with you, performs an extensive analysis of your visual needs and takes the time for perfect centration – this is the only you to utilise the full potential of your lenses.
3. Visual impairments are often the cause of frequent headaches. That's why you should have your eyes tested every two years.
4. Wear your new glasses regularly – starting as soon as you get them. This way you can adjust to them as quickly as possible. If after 14 days you still don't feel comfortable wearing your new glasses, you should visit your optician. They can help you.
5. You should have wrapped lenses adjusted at your optician. You glasses only work optimally when they sit perfectly on your nose. A visit to your optician is also required if the lenses are scratched or the coating is damaged: your lenses should be replaced as quickly as possible.