Imaging biological materials can be challenging. One of the biggest challenges is the segmentation of these low contrast materials that exhibit only subtle changes in greyscale levels. As such, segmentation is one of the biggest challenges faced by today’s microscopists.
The ZEN Intellesis Image Analysis Bundles enables you to enhance your segmentations of complex samples with machine learning driven segmentation. Machine learning supported image segmentation utilizes deep learning techniques to overcome limitations and challenges of threshold based segmentation techniques to improve analysis productivity, reliability and repeatability.
Machine-Learning powered image segmentation to improve your segmentation models
- More powerful than classical threshold based segmentation through combining a variety of different filters (e.g. intensity, edge detection, texture,…).
Simple and easy-to-use user interface for improved time-to-results
- Straightforward, easy-to-use workflow that enables every microscope user to perform advanced segmentation tasks rapidly.
Segment data from any imaging source
- ZEN Intellesis can be used on image files from any imaging solution provider to provide a seamless segmentation workflow.
A constant challenge when imaging biological materials, is ensuring images acquired on multiple microscopes can be combined to provide contextual and correlative microscopy workflows. The combination of multiple datasets provides a multi-scale and multi-model advantage to gain unique insights into your samples.
Correlative Microscopy Solution Bundle provides two imaging solutions in one correlative package. Benefit from the contextual overview images the Stemi 305 Stereomicroscope can provide and be used to Correlate and guide SEM image acquisition.
Easy navigation through the acquisition of low-magnification overview images
- Image your sample with ZEISS Stemi 305 stereo microscope, capture large fields of view and quickly navigate to your regions of interest (ROIs).
- Understand your sample through images in context as you zoom in and out of datasets in the correlative workspace.
- Optimal illumination through reflected light contrasts and transmitted light & capture images with Zeiss Axiocam 105 color.
Overlay and align all your images to produce a contextual sample understanding
- Load or import any image data to provide contextual sample understanding.
- Benefit from connecting complex multi-scale and multi-model data with simple overview data.
Manage your imaging project with Smart Data Management databases
- All data is saved in a project-based database for intuitive analysis.
- Search metadata to find images and their connected database.
Hydrated and non-conductive samples provide challenges for imaging. Electron beam induced charge artefacts impact the ability to image and understand your sample. While the vacuum conditions dehydrate samples and destroy the very microstructures you aim to image.
By combining the variable pressure mode to suppress charging artefacts and the coolstage to protect against dehydration, we provide a simple solution for biological materials imaging. The variable pressure and cool stage allow high flexibility on imaging conditions to minimize charging and simplify the complex sample preparation process.
Overcome charging challenges
- Suppress charging artifacts for non-conductive biological samples under low vacuum conditions.
Maintain samples in a hydrated state
- Image and maintain your hydrated samples just above 0®Cwith the temperature control functions of the coolstage.
Simple sample preparation
- Save time and benefit from the simple sample preparation process without the need for chemical fixation, dehydration and conductive coating.
Cellular ultrastructure's provide clear indicators for the processes that occur in cells. While typically carried out in high-performing Transmission Electron Microscopes (TEM’s), Scanning Transmission Electron Microscopy (STEM) in the SEM can provide a cost-effective, easy-to-use and quick investigation step to screen samples before TEM imaging.
Quickly and easily screen thin-sections before TEM analysis
- Save valuable time in acquiring ultrastructure image in transmission mode.
- Perform quick screening on thin sections before TEM imaging.
Benefit from improved contrast in imaging cellular ultrastructures
- Acquire high-quality images and improved contrast in STEM mode thanks to significant higher electron beam energies as compared to conventional SEM operation.
Accessible option for transmission electron imaging
- Affordable screening tool for advanced electron microscopy workflows.
Concern over digital data integrity is everywhere, with microscopy being no exception. The GxP module in ZEN core meets the requirements of regulated industries, such as pharmaceutical or food, and helps you assure your systems are compliant with FDA CFR 21 Part 11 requirements. So, when you select the EVO, you select the microscope that is already prepared for a more regulated future.
Keep a traceable Audit Trail
- Reproducibility and traceability of end-result relevant actions. The Audit-Trail is check sum protected and prohibited from change.
Meet regulated industry standards and compliance in Pharmacology
- Pharmaceutical companies can benefit from GxP which supports FDA 21 CFR Part 11 compliance when combined with the required qualification and validation activities.
- Configure user privileges as part of the user role management capability and ensure only users with the relevant skills can use certain functionalities..
Release Procedure Workflows
- Workflows can be set up with predetermined parameters to optimize repeatable workflows. Checksum protection of data and electronic signatures ensure no changes can be made in released product workflows.
- Backup and restore functionality ensures a short in time production ready state in case of system breakdown.
- The ZEISS EVO 10, with the base configuration offers a compact, robust and versatile imaging and analysis platform for routine materials characterization.
- This configuration extends performance, flexibility, and support beyond the limitations associated with tabletop SEMs.
- The EVO 10, with the smart configuration integrates SmartSEM Touch a easy to use, smart, intuitive and automated imaging and analysis capability.
- A Oxford Instruments Xplore 30 mm EDX with the AZtecLiveOne analysis software provides a chemical characterization workflow.
- The EVO 10, with the smartVP configuration provides a variable pressure capability to overcomes imaging challenges associated with charging samples.
- A range of variable pressure detector options, SmartSEM Touch for ease of use and a Oxford Instruments Xplore 30 mm EDX with the AZtecLiveOne provide a comprehensive range of capabilities.
- A high-performance industrial workhorse designed with a large chamber to accommodate large, bulky and heavy samples.
- This configuration combines the ability to inspect large samples while using the easy to use and automated capabilities of SmartSEM Touch. Oxford Instruments Xplore 30 mm EDX and AZtecLiveOne provide intuitive and productive chemical characterization workflows.